Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nota Fikir untuk Zikir by Pahrol Mohd Juoi

First off, let me tell you that Ustaz Pahrol, the author of this book, is one of the first Muslim Malaysian author and da'i(one who spreads the beauty of Islam) that I look up too. To me, the way he thinks, the way he talks about Islam and the way he performs da'wah(spread the beauty of Islam) is comprehensive and whole. He always based his da'wah upon the Quran and sunnah, really knows how to approach people from different stages, can relate to what these people must feel and think, and how to make people think critically. MashALLAH!


This book, Nota Fikir untuk Zikir (Thinking Notes on how to Perform Zikr[zikr meaning remembrance of ALLAH]) is one of his excellent books that I've read. Ustaz Pahrol teaches us how to look things on different perspective. He shares with us how a person can stimulate his brain and heart to remember ALLAH in everything that we see, heard and feel.

The author tells us that we can actually gain and analyze the moral and Islamic contents that a person can acquire from fairytale and children stories; such as Si Luncai and the Emperor's New Clothes. He also asks us to ponder upon the creations of ALLAH; for instance how the lizard who despite couldn't fly, eats food that are flying. And also how the grasses, whom often are stepped upon, can always stand up tall, just the way they use to be before being stepped upon.

In short, this book will help you to think out-of-the-box and definitely encourage you to think critically. A warning from me though; your views of everything, anything; will never be the same again. My rating: 5/5

p/s: do read on my views on Naruto :D And nuuraihan, thank you for letting me borrow this book :)

3 comments:

  1. i want to buy it too..but since i'm cheap,would you lend it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry kid, even I borrowed this book from someone, huhu. but i can ask her though..

    ReplyDelete