Friday, February 11, 2011

The Sistine Secrets: Michelangelo's Forbidden Messages in the Heart of the Vatican by Benjamin Blech & Roy Doliner

I had always been curious about the artworks of Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo and the likes. Why people feel amaze with their art, why their art is so important and etc. However this book narrates about Michelangelo only; but it's still good for starters =) I bought this book during bookfest at KLCC last year and had only got a chance to finish reading it two days back for I have bought tonnes of other books too. It was only RM25 for a book that should cost RM85.50.


This book explains how Michelangelo admonished and shown his disagreements on the corrupt church during his day. He demonstrated by hiding secret meanings and messages in his frescoes. Also, the authors too had indulged readers about Michelangelo's life and the methods of his artwork; one of it being related to the field of optics.
In my opinion, for an educational book, I can understand it quite sufficiently. So this actually gives extra credit to The Sistine Secrets. I base my rating solely on this, for I don't know what other criteria I should look for, huhu. My rating: 4.4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment