Monday, January 7, 2013

Aku Terima Nikahnya: Edisi Istimewa

Assalamualaikum and greetings Bits and Pieces readers!

I have recently finished reading the book below and only today did I find the time to make this entry. Do bear in mind that this is NOT the Malaysian movie Aku Terima Nikahnya. My close friends would know that I am not a fan of my local movies.


Aku Terima Nikahnya: Edisi Istimewa is actually a compilation of three books written by Ustaz Hasrizal namely Aku Terima Nikahnya, Bercinta Sampai ke Syurga and Murabbi Cinta. All is written in Malay and I don't think there's a translation in English.

Actually, the first book in the compilation, Aku Terima Nikahnya, has long been published. A friend of mine had read it and recommended it to me before but I don't feel like reading it that time. But now, trying to understand what marriage is, to get a glimpse of the role of a wife and a mother, I was compelled to read it.

After reading the first few paragraphs, I was mesmerized. As I kept on reading, my eager face turned into a serious one. Then I got worried. Then I felt joy. Then I cried. As a whole, I experienced a rush of different feelings.

What I learned is that, marriage is not all about preventing you from zina (sex out of marriage), its not all about bearing children, about getting "happily ever after", about "I'm already 25 so I should get married" and other typical reasons. Instead, it is about finding a companion to grow together, to learn the religion together and to bring forth an ummah of quality, all for the sake of ALLAH. Then God willing, the family would achieve mawaddah (the highest level of love).

I would highly recommend this book to be read by those who are eager to marry, who are skeptical about marriage, who intends to marry, to parents and to teenagers who are madly in love. In short, this book is for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment