Saturday, January 26, 2013

Crisis Economics: A Crash Course in the Future of Finance by Nouriel Roubini and Stephen Mihm

Assalamualaikum and greetings dear readers

Today, I have finish reading this book by Nouriel Roubini and Stephen Mihm, Crisis Ecnomics: A Crash Course in the Future of Finance:


This is my first book about Economics and Finance that I have properly read and finish. I bought it only for RM8 from the Big Bad Wolf book sale a few months back. The knowledge that I gain from this book is far more expensive in value than that RM8, alhamdulillah (all praise be to ALLAH)

Basically, this book explains the financial crisis that had hit the United States in 2008 and how deadly it was. The authors had highlighted the effective steps that should be taken in order to arrest the crisis. Roubini and Mihm also explains why we must expect future crisis and how the capital system that we are in now are prone to crisis.

This book to me, is a must read for all economics and finance student, practitioners, pundits and academicians alike.

p/s: If you know me personally, you can borrow this book from me if you like :)

2 comments:

  1. If you like a movie version (documentary) of the 2008 US financial crisis, you can watch INSIDE JOB (2010) narrated by Matt Damon. Really interesting!!
    for more info: www.imdb.com/title/tt1645089/

    ReplyDelete