Thursday, April 23, 2015

An Upcoming Free Novelette: Letters to God

Assalamualaikum and greetings dear Bits and Pieces readers!

It has been almost a year since I updated my blog. I am terribly sorry for that. I got married, got busy with my PhD studies and I came to a point where I don't know what to write anymore. I'll explain the last point in my future post, God willing.

Right now, I want to announce that I got an idea of a novelette. The story came to me in the middle of a magical night. It just clicked in my head. Fumbling around for my notebook when which I found was covered in dust, I rapidly wrote a synopsis. I also thought carefully on the title of my novelette.

So here it is after several drafts! The synopsis to my upcoming free novelette entitled Letters to God:


Hi. I'm Sarah. I am a widow, ignored by my only son, shunned by my friends, and declared bankrupt. The wise said that everything happens for a reason while the pious preached that God took everything from me for a special purpose. I believed that with all my heart so I kept on praying for my peace and happiness. 

I prayed for a decade before I came to a harsh conclusion; words from the wise are just a load of crap and the pious was just trying to make money from their talks. As I let myself sink into this harsh reality, I realise that God didn't need to take everything from me to state His reason. I realise that God didn't have to inflict this excruciating pain for a special purpose. He is God after all, he is capable to do that in ways that doesn't include pain.

Hence, I am writing letters of complain, sadness, bitterness, anger, and angst to God. When I finish writing these, I want to experience whether God will take away my pain. Or whether I must do it myself. 


Intrigued? Want more? I'm afraid the synopsis is all that I have right now. And the worse part is, I can't promise you when this novelette will be completed. So I guess, patience is the best policy right now.

Until we meet again in my next post. InsyALLAH...

  

2 comments:

  1. That letter seems like one that everyone's capable of writing. Looking forward for the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do be patient because I don't know when it will be completed.

      Delete