Saturday, May 9, 2015

Plan of Action: Redefining My Image and Writing

Assalamualaikum and greetings dear Bits and Pieces readers,

I apologise for this late posting. I've been down with food poisoning these couple of days and the medications made me feel giddy most of the time.

But never mind that now, let's get down to business.

In my previous post, I promised that I'm going to share with you my plan of action:




1) Change my pen name to Azniza Ambrose
I have given this a lot of thought and I decided to change my pen name to Azniza Ambrose. This is also a part of my real name. I feel that by changing my pen name to a more realistic one will make people take my writings more seriously. Plus it adds a sense of growth in my so called "career" as a writer. Furthermore, the name truly reflects me and my origin.  


2) Write a free piece so readers can sample my writings
As I had posted before, I am currently writing a novelette entitled Letters to God. I want to give it out for free to my followers and those who like my page on Facebook so that they can assess for themselves whether my writings are good or vice versa. This hopefully will induce confidence in my writings and hopefully, they will buy my current and future writing projects. 

3) Put out a new version of The Last Will
If you notice, I have unpublished posts related to my first published book, The Last Will. This is because I want to do a revised version of it and sell it at a cheaper price. In my opinion, this will not only add more quality to The Last Will but also affordable to more readers. It is after all my dream for people to read my books.

4) Formulate the accurate scope of my writing topics
In order to keep my passion in writing alive and not to get me overwhelmed, I've redefine the scope of my writing. It's still quite the same but I've formulate it better in words which I have written in my "Bio" section of my Facebook page. This has helped me gain a sense of direction in my writing.

5) Learn a few marketing skills.
In order to sustain my writing "career", it is imperative to acquire some marketing knowledge. For instance, choosing a perfect book cover, how to self-promote, how to make a pitch, what to ignore and many many more!

6) Learn writing skills
Of course, this is the most important aspect of all. There's no use in marketing if my writings are bad. Personally to me, learning, whether it be writing, marketing or anything at all, is a life long process. I just need to constantly remind myself that perfection only belongs to God just so I would never give up!  


I hope that this post is beneficial; especially for the writers who are thinking about a makeover.

Until then...see you again in my next post, insyALLAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment